In the world of mathematics, the quadrilateral is considered to be the two-dimensional closed figure which will be having four sides and will always be different from different kinds of other polygons without any kind of doubt. The quadrilateral is considered to be a closed shape with four sides and interior angles which are a total of 360°. Following are different types of quadrilaterals available in the world of mathematics so that people can study each of the properties very well and can indulge in accurate decision-making without any kind of hassle.
- Rectangle: This is considered to be the option that will come with four right angles and will always be making sure that the overall total sum of interior angles will be 360°. Moreover, the opposite sides of the rectangle will be parallel as well as equal and the diagonals will bisect each other at 90° without any kind of doubt. It is also very much important for people to be clear about the basic associated formulas in this particular case as well so that there is no chance of any kind of doubt and people will be able to have a good hold over the basic technicalities very easily and efficiently.
- Square: This is similar to be rectangle and always make sure that all four sides will be equal and several other kinds of properties will be very much similar to a rectangle. In this particular case, every angle will be 90° and all the sides of the square will be equal as well as parallel to each other which will further help in making sure that diagonals will be bisecting each other perpendicularly. People need to be clear about the basic formulas in this particular case like the area of the square will side square and perimeter of the square will be four into the length of the side.
- Parallelogram: This particular option is considered to be a specific type of simple quadrilateral whose opposite sides are parallel and it will be having two pairs of parallel sides. Moreover, the opposite angles in this particular case will be equal and diagonals will be bisecting each other. The Sum of any two adjacent sides is 180° which is the main reason that people need to be clear about technicalities in this particular case to avoid any kind of chaos without any kind of doubt. The area of a parallelogram is the multiplication of length with height and the perimeter of the parallelogram will be two into the sum of length and breadth.
- Rhombus: This is the quadrilateral option that comes with four equal sides and opposite sides are parallel to each other. Each of the angles will not be equal to 90° in this particular case because else it will become a square. This is considered to be the shape of a diamond and will be very much similar to the playing cards in the real life. Diagonals of the rhombus will be bisecting each other perpendicularly and the sum of any two adjacent angles will be 180°.
- Trapezium: This is considered to be the type of quadrilateral that will be having only one pair of parallel sides which will be referred to as bases and the other two sides are known as legs of the lateral sides. It is also very much important for people to make sure that basic differences between different kinds of shapes have been perfectly studied by individuals to avoid any kind of chaos in the whole process.
Hence, having a clear idea about the area of quadrilateral and several other kinds of related things is important and for this purpose depending on platforms like Cuemath is the perfect opportunity of dealing with the things.