Unfortunately, car accidents are way too common on the roads of Manchester. When hurt in an on-road mishap, you may feel you are alone, but help is just a call away. If the other driver was reckless and responsible for the accident, you could file a lawsuit and recover money, as Connecticut follows a fault-based system. There is a two-year deadline for such cases, which means you must act immediately and ask for legal help. Hiring a Manchester car accident attorney doesn’t have to be complicated, and here are five traits to look for.
- Local connections: While you can find law firms that can file a lawsuit and handle the requirements in Connecticut, you should always choose someone who is locally based in Manchester. Besides being familiar with the state’s legal system, an injury lawyer in the city will have established relationships with other people within the industry.
- Relevant experience: Hiring an injury lawyer is also about experience, including the number of years they have worked in the field. Having said that, you should also check whether the attorney has worked on similar claims. For instance, if you were injured in a car crash, you don’t want someone who only deals with medical malpractice claims.
- Commitment: Does the injury attorney have the resources, expertise, and time to commit to your car accident claim? You don’t want someone not ready to offer personalized attention to the matter. Ask the lawyer how to contact them and whether they will be forthcoming with updates.
- Attitude: While lawyers are usually geared towards settling cases as litigation is an expensive option, they should also have the capabilities and experience to take an aggressive stance if required. Choose someone who explains your options, listens to your concerns, and is available to explore the various legal ways to recover money.
- Ratings and a proven track record: You need an attorney who has a proven track record, for which you should see the list of their landmark cases and settlements. You can also rely on online ratings and reviews on social media to know whether they are revered by their previous clients. Don’t hesitate to ask for references, which you can use to get more info.
Get a car accident attorney in Manchester at the earliest to start the process. The sooner you contact an attorney, the faster they can investigate the mishap and gather details and evidence.